If you’re planning a family road trip this festive season, Jason Scholtz reminds us that there are many things to keep in mind along with what to pack and what to include in your itinerary. Making sure that your vehicle is in tip top shape should always be priority number one. Arguably, one of the most important aspects of your vehicle is its tyre pressure. Tyre pressure that is too high or too low can cause a number of problems on your journey, so it’s definitely best to stop at the service station before hitting the road. Here are the Jason Scholtz top reasons as to why tyre pressure is so important.
- If your tyre pressure is low, it will result in heavier wear and tear on both the tyres themselves, and on the vehicle overall.
- Under-inflated tyres, due to their increased roll resistance, also tend to eat away at your petrol supplies, leading to higher fuel costs and decreased fuel efficiency.
- Over-inflated tyres have a higher chance of bursting, which could lead to a nasty accident.
- They also have less contact with the road, which means reduced traction and less efficient braking.
- More wear and tear will occur across the centre of the tyre if its tyre pressure is too high, ultimately reducing the lifespan of the tyres in the long run.
Luckily, if you’re searching for the best company when it comes to tyre manufacturing, truck tyres, commercial tyres and information about tyre pressure in general, be sure to get in touch with the team at TransKing. With Jason Scholtz as a shareholder in the company, you can rest assured that quality is always guaranteed.